Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Stress Management Strategy!

Live is Always Unpredictable!

I have been here in my home land for the third week now. For the very first time, working in my own country. Phew~~

First week of work, make me feel like to put up the paper in the table. After a weekend, i decided to stay in this company for another 3 years!

I applied the theory of the assignment that I have completed when i persue my psychology degree, which is stress management strategy, the 4A concept:-
1. Avoid
2. Alter
3. Adapt
4. Accept

For the first week, I'm trying to avoid the stressor, which i failed; the working environment is not friendly, and  the working attitude of the colleague making the thing even worst.

So I started to alter the stressor, start divert the stressor away from me and to others rather. Try to influence them to adapt to my way instead; which FAILED. Although i am the supervisor; however their attitude is kind of embedded within the culture so, no way man!

Over the first weekend, i start to consult myself, what and how should i overcome the situation. And finally i choose to adapt to the culture. Since I failed the first two steps. After i choose to adapt, i feel better and i knew that i just have to work a little bit harder in order to move to stage 4.

And by now i know, i am already in stage 4, which i accepted the working style, the attitude of slow motion, and the culture.

Usually, people will stop at stage 1 or 2, so the quicker way to tackle the situation is by resigning from the position. Personally, this is a good option but not the best.

If we could handle the difficult situation in our life, be it a work or relationship; this will help us increase our EQ indirectly and self improvement. There are difficult people any where, by leaving the current situation  doesn't guarantee you from a better environment or a friendly colleague. Of course, if you have already tried hard, then that's another story. I ever encounter those whom resigning after 1 day or 2 with the company.

There maybe many reason, but all tied up with the "expectation". Once ever said, there will be no disappointment if there is no expectation. We often expect the next one will be better, it's not wrong. However, we should always place a little doubt on every single things that we do.

We are the product of the past; whatever decision we make affected our future pathway. Trying to improve ourself along the way will make our life better, although it doesn't guarantee a brighter future but at least we have the knowledge within ourself. Knowledge is the something other couldn't take away from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment